Repair Building 500, Richardson Theater, Fort Shafter, Oahu, Hawaii
THIS SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE is for informational purposes only. THE SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL, QUOTATION OR INVITATION FOR BID. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this sources sought or any follow up information requests. Respondents will not be notified of the results of the sources sought or resulting market research.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Honolulu District, requests letters of interest from PRIME CONTRACTORS interested in performing work on a potential Design-Build Construction Solicitation for the Repair Building 500, Richardson Theater, Fort Shafter, Oahu, Hawaii. NO SOLICITATION IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE.
Project Description: Design and renovate existing historic Richardson Theater on Fort Shafter into a secure work area with a secure parking area for the use of the Multi-Domain Task Force (MDTF) #3 unit. Renovate theater interior to accommodate a multi-story (3-Story) interior office space, and restoring the historical theater exterior facade. Design shall maintain historic aspects identified; Section 106 consultation is required. Renovation and repair work is expected to include, but is not limited to: repair damaged structure and architectural finishes, remove and install walls, HVAC, plumbing, telecommunications, electrical, lighting, fire suppression, cybersecurity, antiterrorism, environmental, site work, elevator. Interior build out includes adding second and third floor spaces for secure work rooms which may require structural footings, floors, and columns/walls.
Magnitude is $50M $100M
Interested SBA 8(a) PRIME CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTORS should submit the following:
- Name of the firm, to include address, phone number and point of contact.
- Firm s UEI Number and CAGE Code, and expiration date in SAM.gov.
- Indicate whether your firm is a large business or small business. If your firm is a small business specify all applicable socio-economic categories per FAR PART 19.
- Narrative demonstrating construction of a secured work area, meeting Director of Central Intelligence Directive (DCID) 6/9 or Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 705 (preferred) series accreditation guidelines while under a Construction Security Plan and implemented with a Design-Build contract (provide the Designer of Record for the contract). The construction must also have been completed in the State of Hawaii or at a remote location similar to Hawaii (must describe how the location was similar to Hawaii in terms of the logistical (i.e., personnel, materials, equipment, transportation) challenges and/or considerations inherent in a project location that is isolated).
- Narrative demonstrating experience working with State Historical Preservation Office or Division (SHPO or SHPD) (i.e. process and coordination with the office(s)).
- Narrative demonstrating experience working with compressed construction schedules.
- Narrative demonstrating mitigating supply chain/material delays and shipping of secured materials.
- Bonding capability for a single contract action of at least $50M and aggregate of at least $100M by the interested prime contractor.
Narratives shall be no longer than three (3) pages.
Email responses are required. Responses are to be sent via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 29, 2023, 2:00 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time.
Responses to this sources sought announcement will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. NO SOLICITATION IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. It is a market research tool being utilized to determine the availability of potential qualified contractors before determining the method of acquisition. Please note that it is required that your company be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM), please see https://www.sam.gov for additional information. In addition, this sources sought is not to be construed as a commitment by the government, nor will the government pay for any information solicited or delivered.