Case Management & Behavioral Health Services for Separated Families 4
Request for Information (RFI)
This is not a solicitation announcement. This is a request for information only. Please see the attached Request for Information (RFI) questions and draft Performance Work Statement (PWS). This information is being provided to the field to allow organizations to answer the RFI questions and provide comments on the draft PWS. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is looking for your feedback on ways to revise/improve the procurement prior to competition.
The purpose of this contract is to provide effective, evidence-based, coordinated social and behavioral health services to members of the Ms. L and Ms. JP class action lawsuits. The contract shall continue the services provided by the previous contract 75P00120c00015 Notification. Mental Health Assessments and Treatment to Members of the Released Subclass in Ms. JP, et al., v. BARR, et al., No. 18-cv-06081-JAK (C.D.Cal.) and expand the provision of case management and behavioral health services for the parents, legal guardians, and their children who were separated under the Zero-Tolerance Policy (ZTP), as are designated by the government. This contract is to continue the implementation of the Ms. JP preliminary injunction order, to support the Task Force's reunification efforts under E.O. 14011 and to implement the upcoming settlement agreement to provide reunified families with mental health and related services.
- To successfully organize and coordinate a system for establishing contact with families separated at the United States-Mexico border under the ZTP and related policies as identified by the United States Government (USG) between January 20th, 2017 and January 20th, 2021;
- To subsequently inform the families of available child-focused pre-reunification counseling as well as post-reunification social and behavioral health services and solicit their interest in those services;
- To facilitate access for those families to available pre-reunification counseling, post-reunification social and behavioral health services;
- To successfully organize and coordinate a system for child-centered pre-reunification counseling;
- To successfully organize and coordinate trauma-informed, culturally competent case management service delivery for these families in all relevant geographic areas of the United States;
- To successfully organize and coordinate trauma-informed, culturally competent psychoeducation and parenting support services for these families in all relevant geographic areas of the United States; and
- To successfully organize and coordinate trauma-informed, culturally competent and evidence-based (and evidence-informed) behavioral health service provision for these families in all relevant geographic areas of the United States.
This is ONLY a request for comments and not a request for capability statements or proposals, and in no way obligates the Government to award any contract. All responses are to be submitted electronically, with Subject Organization Name, Request for Information Case Management & Behavioral Health Services for Separated Families to the following email: SAMHSAContracts@samhsa.hhs.gov. Responses must be received in writing, by no later than July 30, 2021, 3:00 PM, local time.