Request for information for impact analysis for the potential addition of Indoor Air Purifiers to the Procurement List of the Committee for Purchase from People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled
This Notice DOES NOT constitute a request for a quote, or proposal for the procurement of products or services. This Notice concerns an action which may affect the ability of commercial industry to sell the products listed in this Notice to the Federal Government.
The U.S. AbilityOne Commission (operating name of the Committee for Purchase From People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled) is an independent agency of the Federal Government. The Commission, under the authority of the Javits-Wagner-O'Day Act of 1971, and through the administration of its AbilityOne Program, provides employment opportunities for people who are blind or have other significant disabilities through Federal Government purchases from nonprofit agencies employing such individuals. Products or services which are required to be purchased by the Federal Government under the authority of the AbilityOne Program are added to the Commission's Procurement List (PL). The PL can viewed on the agency s website at www.abilityone.gov. Once a product or service is added to the PL to be provided by a nonprofit agency, no other product determined to be essentially the same can be sold to the Federal government.
By regulation (41 CFR 51-2.4(a)(4) the Commission is required to complete an impact analysis related to the potential addition of the following product(s) to the PL:
Name: Air Purifier, Indoor, Medium
Description: Indoor air purifier has a HEPA13 filter with carbon and a nylon pre-filter. Three (3) speed smart control with sleep mode and air quality indicator rings. Easy to use timer has two (2), four (4) and eight (8) hours settings with low noise level. Captures 99.99% of bacteria and mold, and 99.9% of viruses. Neutralizes household odors and pet smells. Suitable for medium sized rooms up to 400 square feet. Voltage AC 110V, 60HZ. Color is White. UOI is EA.
Name: Air Purifier, Indoor, Large
Description: Indoor air purifier has a HEPA 13 filter with carbon and nylon pre-filter. Four (4) speed smart control with sleep mode and air quality indicator rings. Easy to use timer has 1 to 12 hours settings with low noise level. Captures 99.99% of bacteria and mold, and 99.9% of viruses. Neutralizes household odors and pet smells. Suitable for large sized rooms up to 600 square feet. Voltage AC 110V, 60HZ. DC Adaptor. Color is White. UOI is EA.
Name: Filter, Replacement, Medium Air Purifier
Description: HEPA 13 filter with carbon and the nylon pre-filters are replacement filters designed for medium sized indoor air purifiers. Filters capture 99.99% of bacteria and mold, and 99.9% of viruses. The HEPA 13 filter absorbs and captures various small particles. The Pre-filter is made of carbon and nylon to capture large dust particles, animal hair and to remove odor. Includes one (1) HEPA 13 Filter and two (2) Nylon Pre-filters. UOI is PG.
Name: Filter, Replacement, Large Air Purifier
Description: 3-in-1 HEPA 13 Filter, pre-filter replacement for large, indoor air purifiers captures 99.99% of bacteria and mold, and 99.9% of viruses. HEPA 13 filter absorbs and captures various small particles. The pre-filter captures large dust and animal hair, and the carbon filter removes odors. UOI is EA.
Should these items be added to the PL, the contracting agency who will be authorized by the Commission to order the products on behalf of the Federal Government under the authority of the AbilityOne Program will be the General Services Administration, Fort Worth, TX.
Before adding a product to the PL, the Commission considers the potential impact that removal from commercial channels of this product, as well as products determined to be essentially the same (ETS) (41CFR 51-5.3(a), would have on the sales of firms that are currently providing the products listed in this Notice to the Federal Government and the extent to which the potentially affected firms are dependent on the income. Once added to the PL, the products determined to be ETS to the product(s) added to the PL will be blocked from being sold to Federal Government agencies. The products that have been thus far determined to likely be essentially the same are:
ETS Stock Numbers: 9286101
ETS Stock Numbers: No ETS reported
ETS Stock Numbers: No ETS reported
ETS Stock Numbers: No ETS reported
The items listed above will potentially be added to the PL for the Broad (B-List) Government Requirement. That is, should any Federal Government agency determine a need for the product, the procurement of the item will be mandatory by that agency through the AbilityOne Program.
If your firm is selling either the item(s) listed above, or the items that have been determined to be ETS, it is important that your firm report the following information to the Committee:
- Total Company Revenues accrued from all sources for the most recent 12-month time period. When assessing impact on a commercial firm, the Committee takes into account the revenues of the parent, subsidiary, and affiliated corporations. If your company is a parent, subsidiary, or affiliated corporation to another corporation, please identify the other corporation to which the company is related, the nature of the relationship, and the other corporation's total revenue data. Please define the 12-month period reported.
- Revenues accrued by providing the products listed in this Notice to the Federal Government for the same most recent 12-month period. If reporting on more than one item listed above, please report the revenue per each item, whether the NSNs or ETS items, and identify the item.
- Identify the contract number that your firm holds to sell the item(s) to the Federal Government, the government agency, and period of performance (contract end date) for the item(s) your firm is reporting on. Identify the specific items per contract.
- If your firm is selling the product through purchases by Government Purchase Cards (GPC), please identify that and the amount made through GPC purchases.
- Identify whether or not the deliveries under the contract have been completed.
- The length of time your firm has been providing these products to the Federal Government.
- Identify any small business statuses your firm has qualified for, such as 8(a), woman-owned, service disabled veteran-owned, etc.
- Provide your firm s DUNS number. The number is needed to confirm your company s small business statuses with the Small Business Administration (SBA).
- Include your firm s mailing address. Do not use post office boxes, as all replies are sent via means that will not be delivered to a post office box. The address should be for the person who has signed the letter containing the information submitted.
All information requested above must be included in the response. Responses that do not include the information requested will be determined to be non-responsive and will not be included in the impact analysis.
All responses will be held as confidential and will not be released to any outside party.
The information prescribed above must reach the Commission no later than March 31, 2023 and can be submitted in letter format. If information is not received by the date requested, the Commission will conclude that potentially affected firms have determined that there will be no severe adverse impact should the listed products be added to the PL.
You information should be sent by email to Mike Jurkowski at email@example.com. You may also provide any other information you deem appropriate.
General information concerning the Commission and its authority can be found in Title 41 United States Code, Sections 8501-8506, or Title 41 Code of Federal Regulations, Chapter 51. Both of these references can be found on the Commission's website at www.abilityone.gov. If you have specific questions or require further explanation concerning this Notice or the addition of the above-referenced product to the PL, please contact Mike Jurkowski at (703) 785-6404.