Port of Nome Modification Phase 1
THIS NOTICE IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY TO ANNOUNCE AN INDUSTRY DAY FOR PORT OF NOME MODIFICATION PHASE 1 AS FOLLOWS:
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Alaska District will conduct an Industry Day to improve the industry's understanding of USACE's Port of Nome Modification Phase Program, specifically for Phase 1. The Phase 1 requirements include a potential causeway extension, new L-shaped dock installation, utility extensions and upgrades and removal of the existing stub breakwater at the Port on Nome in Nome, Alaska. The Industry Day will provide an opportunity for USACE to answer questions regarding the Phase 1 project and gain an understanding of how the contractor community can support this project.
The goals of this industry day are to:
1) Familiarize the industry with the Phase 1 requirements at Nome, Alaska.
2) Receive feedback from industry.
The Industry Day presentation will be held on Thursday, March 9, 2023, from 09:00 10:00 (Alaska Standard Time) at The Megan Room, located at 6591 A. St., Anchorage, AK 99518 AND THROUGH WEBEX AT https://usace1.webex.com/meet/PortofNomeModificationPhase1
Participants will have the ability to meet with Government personnel following the presentation.
A solicitation will not be released prior to this Industry Day. The Government will not present the 95% design, final Geotech report or the draft solicitation at the event.
Each participant is required to submit the following information in advance of the industry day.
(1) First and Last name.
This information is MANDATORY to attend the meeting. Required information must be emailed to Tammy.Davis@usace.army.mil and email@example.com by March 02, 2023, 14:00 Alaska Time.
Attendees will be notified prior to industry day if there are site access issues. Attendance at the Industry Day is voluntary and is not required to participate in the proposed acquisition. Contractors are required to secure their own lodging and transportation to this event.
PORT OF NOME MODIFICATION PHASE 1 REQUIREMENT:
Phase 1 West Causeway Extension
- Construction of approximately 3,480 linear feet of L shaped, quarry stone, causeway. The causeway extension cross sections will be like the existing causeway. The causeway extension will consist of 18-ton A1 rock, 3600 lbs. B1 rock, 180 lbs. C1 rock, 12.25 Ton A2 rock, 2450 lbs B2 rock, 130 lbs. C2 rock, filter material, and E and F fill. Rocks and material placement equipment will need to be capable of accurate placement to -58 feet MLLW. Mechanical dredge equipment will need to be capable of fine and coarse grain sediment removal, including cobbles and boulders, to depths of -58 feet MLLW.
- Construction of approximately 2,000 linear feet of driven sheet pile docks.
- Utility Extension of -
Sewer Force Main
Diesel, Jet A & Gasoline Pipelines
4. New High Mast Lighting
5. Existing Stub Breakwater removal.
6. Construction contract award anticipated for 2Q FY24.
Feedback from the Industry Day participants on the following areas is requested:
- Feedback on construction sequencing and estimated duration.
- Feedback on concerns/risks.
- Anticipated labor numbers and housing plan for the workforce