Old Hickory GSU Transformer Installation Project
Old Hickory GSU Transformer Installation Project
THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION AND NO CONTRACT WILL BE AWARDED FROM THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
This is a Request for Information (RFI) and is for planning purposes only as defined by FAR 15.201. This is not a solicitation announcement, nor is it an Invitation for Bid (IFB), Request for Proposal (RFP), or Request for Quote (RFQ). No solicitation is currently published. This request does not obligate the Government in any contract award. The Government will not pay for the provision of any information, nor will it compensate any respondents for the development of such information. Do not submit cost proposals or cost information. Response to this notice is strictly voluntary and will not affect any firm's ability to submit a proposal if and when a solicitation is issued. The information gathered will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. Replies to responses, comments, or suggestions will not be provided
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Nashville District, anticipates soliciting a requirement for a firm-fixed price construction contract to install two (2) government furnished 13.8/69-161kV Generator Step-up Unit (GSU) transformers, replace the 15Kv Generator feeders, replace high voltage disconnects, install precast trenches and associated control wiring servicing the existing switchyard at the Old Hickory Power Plant in Hendersonville, TN.
The contractor would be responsible for:
- Developing complex power cutover plans to maintain power continuity while maintaining the construction schedule and adhering to the plant s restrictions.
- Engineering and designing multidisciplinary solutions to complex features of work, such as vertical structure support for 15kV cables, Take-off towers, trenching in a switchyard, and GSU transformer concrete pad and oil containment.
- Developing detailed plans for modifying existing equipment.
- Developing safety plans, identify hazards, and conduct hazard analysis for any required work around energized equipment.
- Ability to plan, work, and maintain safe work conditions while executing multiple work shifts when deemed necessary at an operating plant.
- The removal and disposal of the two existing three-phase oil GSU transformers, two existing 500kVA distribution transformers, existing deluge system, existing transformer High Voltage (HV) towers, 15kV tubular bus, existing transformer neutral grounding reactors, existing conduit and power, control, and annunciation cable from the transformer yard to the powerhouse, existing transformer rails, existing 15kV cables from the pothead cubicles to the transformer yard, and 69kv disconnects
- Modifying and extending of the switchyard ground mat and fencing.
- The installation of two Government furnished three-phase GSU transformers, two new 500kVA distribution transformers, new transformer neutral grounding reactors, oil containment and pads for the new transformers, 15kV cable duct banks from the existing duct banks to a new transformer location, metering CTs. The installation of power, controls, and annunciation cables from the powerhouse to the new transformer, new feeders from the new 500KVA distribution transformers to the loads, new transformer takeoff towers, new HV line from the transformer takeoff tower to the switchyard towers, new firewalls, new metering and relaying CTs and metering PTs, trenching for the installation of precast concrete trenches in the switchyard, and switchyard bus 69Kv disconnects
The anticipated period of performance is approximately 400 days after date of award.
The estimated magnitude of this project is between $10,000,000 and $20,000,000.
The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) Code applicable to this acquisition is NAICS CODE: 237130 Power and Communication Line and Related Structures Construction. Small Business size is $45,000,000.00.
Please submit responses no later than 4:00 pm (Central Time) on 24 March 2023.
Responses should be emailed to Bridget.L.Engleman@usace.army.mil and Dellaria.L.Martin@usace.army.mil. Please include the title "Sources Sought Notice - Old Hickory GSU Transformer Installation Project as the subject line in email communications. All attachments must be in either Microsoft Word or Adobe pdf format.
***ATTENTION*** NEW SYSTEM FOR AWARD MANAGEMENT (SAM) REGISTRATION PROCESS: IMPORTANT NOTICE: Effective June 29, 2018, vendors creating or updating their registration can have their registration activated prior to the approval of the required notarized letter. However, the signed copy of the notarized letter must be sent to the GSA Federal Service Desk (FSD) within 30 days of activation or the vendor risks no longer being active in SAM.
Vendors can check whether an account is active by performing a query by their CAGE or Unique Entity Identifier (known as UEI). The new registration process may now take several weeks, so vendors are highly encouraged to begin registering as soon as possible to avoid any possible delays in future contract awards. Remember, there is no cost to use SAM.
To find out additional information about the changes of the SAM registration process, contractors should visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) link located at the top of the SAM homepage (www.sam.gov).
Attachment: Market Research Survey