Nathaniel Washington Power Plant Transformer Replacement
Type: Sources Sought • ID: 140R1024R0005
Posted: Nov. 21, 2023, 11:50 a.m. ESTNathaniel Washington Power Plant Transformer Replacement- Unit 21 and 22 Transformers
Sources Sought Amendment Providing Additional Transformer Information. Response Due Date Extended.
237130 This is a Sources Sought announcement only. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS, QUOTATIONS OR BIDS, NOR A PROPOSED SYNOPSIS OF A PROPOSED CONTRACT ACTION UNDER FAR SUBPART 5.2 and no contract shall be awarded from this notice. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this Sources Sought or any follow up information requests. No solicitation is currently available. Responses to this Sources Sought will shape the acquisition strategy in developing a competitive requirement.
For firms who responded to the initial Sources Sought Notice (140R1022B0004) for this requirement, please respond to this Sources Sought Notice as the quantity has increased.
The Pacific Northwest Regional Office of the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation is conducting market research for a construction contract to supply and install six (6) 276 MVA, 45-degree rise, single-phase, outdoor, step-up transformers.
Type: Single-phase, outdoor, GSU Transformer
Capacity and Temp Rise: 165/220/276 MVA, 45-degrees C rise
High Side: 311.8kV (540kV system) with 1675kv BIL
Low Side: 15kV with 110kV BIL
Impedance: 17.2% on a 276 MVA base
Installation will occur over two different outage periods, one bank of three per outage period. The work will be located at located at the Nathaniel Washington Power Plant (formerly named the Third Power Plant) at Grand Coulee Dam, adjacent to the Cities of Grand Coulee and Coulee Dam, Washington, approximately 90 miles west of Spokane, Washington, in Okanogan County.
The principal components of work will be:
1. Removing and disposing two sets of three in-service generator step-up power transformers (total of six transformers).
2. Furnishing and installing two sets of three in-service generator step-up power transformers (total of six transformers).
3. Furnishing and installing new anchorage systems for the new transformers.
4. Modifying the fire protection systems for the new transformers.
5. Modify existing isolated phase bus for new transformers.
The estimated magnitude for this project is between $40 and $60 million.
Sources are being sought for firms, of any size, with a North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code of 237130; Power and Communication Line and Related Structures Construction, with a Small Business Size Standard of $45 million. Small businesses are highly encouraged to respond to this sources sought notice. Responses are requested with the following information:
1. Offerors' name, address, DUNS/UEI number, points of contact with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
2. Business size/classification to include any designations as Small Business, HUBZone, Woman Owned Small Business, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Indian Small Business Economic Enterprise or 8(a).
3. Description of capabilities to meet the requirement.
4. Country of manufacture of the transformer(s). Please supply documentation of the country of manufacture of the transformer(s).
5. Lead time for manufacture and delivery of transformers.
6. Construction bonding levels, aggregate and per contract.
Please respond by email only, send responses to the Contract Specialist, Scott Cooper, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be accepted until COB December 15, 2023.
Posted: Oct. 16, 2023, 9:21 a.m. EDT
Nov. 30, 2023, 7:00 p.m. EST Due in 2 Days
Oct. 16, 2023, 9:21 a.m. EDT (updated: Nov. 21, 2023, 11:50 a.m. EST)
Place of Performance
Current SBA Size Standard
Est. Level of Competition
Odds of Award
Signs of Shaping
68% of similar contracts within the Bureau of Reclamation had a set-aside.
On 10/16/23 USBR Columbia-Pacific Northwest Region, Boise, ID issued Sources Sought 140R1024R0005 for Nathaniel Washington Power Plant Transformer Replacement due 11/30/23. The opportunity was issued full & open with NAICS 237130 and PSC 6120.
Posted documents for Sources Sought 140R1024R0005
Incumbent or Similar Awards
Potential Bidders and Partners
Awardees that have won contracts similar to Sources Sought 140R1024R0005
Similar Active Opportunities
Open contract opportunities similar to Sources Sought 140R1024R0005
Source Agency Hierarchy
INTERIOR, DEPARTMENT OF THE > BUREAU OF RECLAMATION > PACIFIC NW REGION PN 6615
FPDS Organization Code
Source Organization Code
Nov. 21, 2023
Last Updated By
Dec. 15, 2023